Yes, you read that right! Churros made with HOLOS! We aim to deliver easy straight-forward recipes that you can make from home - bet you’ve never heard that about churros before. So fun and a perfect treat with the same health benefits as your favourite muesli!
INGREDIENTS: yields 10-12 churros
- 1 pack Cocoa HOLOS
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 1/2 tbsp canola or olive or melted coconut oil
- Canola Oil - approx 2 cups for frying
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Empty pack of muesli into a blender and blend until flour-like consistency. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add in remaining dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients.
- Add wet to dry. If too dry, add a little more milk.
- Transfer to a piping bag with a large star nozzle if using. No piping bag? No problem. These can be turned into drop dumplings by scooping batter into the hot oil.
- Pour 2 inches of canola oil into a heavy bottom pot - my go-to is 7” in diameter and 4” tall. Heat over medium-high heat. Test oil by dropping in tsp of batter. If it crisps up right away, your oil is ready.
- Carefully pipe 4 inches of batter into the hot oil or drop for dumplings!
- These cook fast, 2 minutes at most.
- Transfer to a bowl with coconut sugar and cinnamon. Toss to coat and enjoy!